from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A substance that adulterates.
- adj. Serving to adulterate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which adulterates; or reduces the purity of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which is used to adulterate anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Adulterating; used in adulterating.
- n. A substance used for adulterating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. making impure or corrupt by adding extraneous materials
- n. any substance that lessens the purity or effectiveness of a substance
Sorry, no etymologies found.