American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A cuplike structure of some rust fungi that contains chains of aeciospores.
- n. mycology A cuplike fruiting structure of some parasitic fungi (rusts) that contains chains of aeciospores.
- n. fruiting body of some rust fungi bearing chains of aeciospores
- From New Latin, from Ancient Greek αἰκία (aikia, "injury, insult") (Wiktionary)
- New Latin, from Greek aikiā, injury, from aikēs, unseemly, injurious : a-, not; see a-1 + eikenai, to seem, be seemly. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aecium’.
Ever play "Words With Friends" with someone and they throw down some strange, unlikely group of letters that makes even the most mild and squeaky clean tongued person say "whiskey tango foxtrot"? ...
Add any words you know that have these letter combinations!
There are 17576 different sequences of three letters (26 x 26 x 26). How many of them occur in words? General rules of engagement: mononyms only, lower case preferred to upper case, short preferred...
Looking for tweets for aecium.