from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Pertaining to aeolotropy; of a body or substance, having physical properties (e.g., electric conductivity, refractive index) that depend on the direction in which they are measured.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Exhibiting differences of quality or property in different directions; having properties with different values along different axes; not isotropic. In specialized contexts, synonymous with anisotropic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In physical, not having the same properties in all directions; non-isotropic; anisotropic: said of a body with reference to elasticity or the action upon it of light, heat, etc.
- n. A non-isotropic substance, or one having different properties in different directions, as a biaxial crystal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having properties with different values along different axes
aeolo- + -tropic (Wiktionary)