from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Variant of airfoil.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A structure shaped to produce lift when moving in air.
- n. A wing of an aircraft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plane or arched surface for sustaining bodies by its movement through the air; a spread wing, as of a bird.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
Sorry, no etymologies found.