from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to confide; to trust
- v. to betroth or espouse; to affiance
- n. An affidavit to be signed by a contest winner to confirm eligibility.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To confide (one's self to, or in); to trust.
- transitive v. To betroth or espouse; to affiance.
- transitive v. To bind in faith.
- intransitive v. To trust or confide.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To trust, confide (a thing to a person); reflexively, to confide one's self.
- To confide in; trust.
- To affirm on one's faith; make affidavit.
- To assure by promise; pledge; betroth; affiance.
- To engage; bind; join.
- To trust; confide.
Shortening of affidavit. (Wiktionary)