Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To trust, confide (a thing to a person); reflexively, to confide one's self.
- To confide in; trust.
- To affirm on one's faith; make affidavit.
- To assure by promise; pledge; betroth; affiance.
- To engage; bind; join.
- To trust; confide.
- v. obsolete to confide; to trust
- v. obsolete to betroth or espouse; to affiance
- n. slang An affidavit to be signed by a contest winner to confirm eligibility.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. obsolete To confide (one's self
to, or in); to trust.
- v. obsolete To betroth or espouse; to affiance.
- v. obsolete To bind in faith.
- v. obsolete To trust or confide.
- Shortening of affidavit. (Wiktionary)
“February 10, 2008 at 6:58 am affy-est kitteh be takin cheezburgers.”
“Do I need an affy…afi… note frum mai Momma sayin she gibed it to me?”
“Either you come aboard along of us, once the treasure shipped, and then I'll give you my affy-davy, upon my word of honour, to clap you somewhere safe ashore.”
“We'll divide stores with you, man for man; and I'll give my affy-davy, as before to speak the first ship I sight, and send 'em here to pick you up.”
“Either you come aboard along of us, once the treasure shipped, and then I'll give you my affy-davy, upon my word of honor, to clap you somewhere safe ashore.”
“We'll divide stores with you, man for man; and I'll give my affy-davy, as before, to speak the first ship I sight, and send 'em here to pick you up.”
“The matter presseth, and will brook no delay: and we affy ourself in you, Lady, as a woman obedient to the Church, that you will observe our bidding.”
“I should account him to mean that he held Master Godfrey for a true man, in whom man might safely affy him; but that he felt not thus sure of Master Matthew.”
“To believe that a man lived and died, Phyllis, is not to accept his help, and to affy thee in his trustworthiness.”
“Robin had brave reward from the King, and my Lady the Queen was pleased to advance me, as shall now be told, shortly thereafter: and ever afterwards did she seem to affy her more in me, as in one that had been tried and proved faithful unto trust.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘affy’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
or their opposites. What we seem to lack in the present time
Looking for tweets for affy.