from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Nearest the stern; farthest aft.
- adj. Nearest the end or rear; hindmost or last.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Nearest the stern of a vessel; hindmost.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Hindmost; -- opposed to
- adj. Nearest the stern; most aft.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Hindmost; nautical, nearest the stern: opposed to foremost.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. located closest to the stern or tail
Sorry, no etymologies found.