Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of or containing albumen: applied to the seeds of certain plants, as grain, palms, etc.
- Pertaining to or of the nature of albumin.
- n. Same as albumose.
- n. Alternative form of albuminous.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Chem.) A diffusible substance formed from albumin by the action of natural or artificial gastric juice. See peptone.
- From albumin 'protein' (from French albumine, from Latin albumen 'egg white', from albus 'white') (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘albuminose’.
Panvocalics are words that contain all the vowels. Listed here are "euvocalics": words that have each of the five vowels only once. (These are also a kind of supervocalic.) Words that also have a "...
Looking for tweets for albuminose.