from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One to whom or to which ownership of property is transferred.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The person to whom a property is alienated
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One to whom the title of property is transferred; -- opposed to alienor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One to whom the title to property is transferred: as, “if the alienee enters and keeps possession,” Blackstone.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone to whom the title of property is transferred
Sorry, no etymologies found.