Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Contained in another, but not dividing it evenly: applied to a number which does not measure another without a remainder: thus, 5 is an aliquant part of 16, for 3 times 5 are 15, leaving a remainder 1.
- n. mathematics An integer that does not divide another into integral parts.
- n. chemistry A sample that has been divided into a set of equal parts, to leave a remainder
- adj. mathematics Not dividing another specified integer into integral parts.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Math.) An
aliquantpart of a number or quantity is one which does not divide it without leaving a remainder; thus, 5 is an aliquantpart of 16. Opposed to aliquot.
- n. an integer that is not an exact divisor of some quantity
“Sed de his prim鵰, & quidem prolixi鵶 aliquant� agendum est, vt perspecto, qu鄊 vera de hac re tradant illi”
“Lombardica, qu� aliquant� maior est Geometrica; et quoties pono numerum, sub intelligatur fere, vel circiter, siue citra, et dietam intendo ponere, de 10.”
“Quia Uj quod est in sc bonum, foiest esse vel convenitns y vel disconveniens bomini, ideo non quttcumque bonitas, sed secundum aliquant convenientiam ad appetentem est sujficiens causa finaliztandi •”
“It follows from this notion of commenfurable numbers, that they areaO multiples of each other, or aliquot parts, or aliquant parts.”
“Likewife tbe magnitude N (ffg. a.)/* an aliquant part of tbe magnitude at r meaft M t€o TheELEMEKTS BookV.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘aliquant’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
every major discipline has uniquely developed esoteric nomenclature to facilitate interdisciplinary dissemination
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for aliquant.