from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Common misspelling of allegation.
- n. The act of tying together or attaching by some bond.
- n. The state of being attached.
- n. An old and practical method of solving arithmetic problems related to mixtures of ingredients.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of tying together or attaching by some bond, or the state of being attached.
- n. A rule relating to the solution of questions concerning the compounding or mixing of different ingredients, or ingredients of different qualities or values.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of binding; the state of being bound or united.
- n. The name of several rules or processes in practical arithmetic (see below) for ascertaining the relations between the proportions and prices of the ingredients of a mixture and the cost of the mixture itself per unit of weight or volume. Also called the rule of mixtures.
Sorry, no etymologies found.