from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The formation of cracks on the surface of paint layers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pattern of cracking of paint on a surface leaving roughly hexagonal areas of uncracked paint.
- n. The cracking of the surfacing bitumen on a bituminous roof or coating on a SPF roof, producing a pattern of cracks similar to an alligator's hide.
"alligatoring" which a few of these instuments exhibit.
• If you're paint job came out less than perfect, here's how to remedy common mistakes like alligatoring, chalking, cracking, and peeling — and more paint fixes are a touch away via The Paint Institute's PaintRemedy iPhone app.
• If you're paint job came out less than perfect, here's how to remedy common mistakes like alligatoring, chalking, cracking, and peeling—and more paint fixes are a touch away via The Paint Institute's PaintRemedy iPhone app.
Use these cures for other pitfalls like alligatoring, cracking, and color changes.
Nearest tags: trail softspot alligatoring replacement garage entry distress school
"As between man and woman," she answered, "it would be too terribly -- er -- indecent for you to tell me why I shouldn't go alligatoring.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.