from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of check.
- n. The act of physically keeping an opposing player in check.
- n. A checking account.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lines engraved on certain portions of a gun-stock, enabling one to grasp it more surely.
- n. The assembling of the parts of a checked joint.
- n. In agriculture, the planting of seeds or plants at regular distances apart in the row or line, to allow of cultivation both ways, instead of drilling in a continuous or ‘solid’ row.
Sorry, no etymologies found.