Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An alley; a walk.
- n. A passage, gangway, or gallery in a building.
- n. A covered passage; a cloister.
- n. In medieval milit. arch., a footway on the summit of a wall or rampart, behind the battlements; also, the passageway within the hoarding or bratticing.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A walk or passage; -- applied to passages of various kinds.
- Old French alure, aleure, walk, gait, from aler (French aller) to go. (Wiktionary)
“Her black hair was cut short, but somehow she always managed to have her bangs covering one eye to give her an additional bit of alure.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘alure’.
Words with the prefix "a"
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
random words that bubble up in the work place
Looking for tweets for alure.