from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a honeycombed surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a structure containing honeycomb-like cavities
- n. A grouping of protists comprising the ciliates, sporozoa and dinoflagellates
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Deeply pitted, like a honeycomb.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as alveolated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pitted with cell-like cavities (as a honeycomb)
Sorry, no etymologies found.