from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a group of vertebrates that have an amnion during embryonic development, including reptiles, birds, and mammals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the Amniota group of vertebrates having an amnion during the development of the embryo; mammals, birds and reptiles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any member of the Amniota.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessing an amnion; amniotic.
- n. A member of the Amniota.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any member of the Amniota
From New Latin amniōta, amniotes, from Greek amniōn, amnion (influenced by amniotic).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scientific Latin Amniota. (Wiktionary)