from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a skull or cranium.
- n. An animal or a human having a skull or cranium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the clade Craniata bearing bony skulls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a skull or cranium, as do all vertebrates above the lampreys.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. animals having a bony or cartilaginous skeleton with a segmented spinal column and a large brain enclosed in a skull or cranium
From cranium. (Wiktionary)