from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To set in motion; to stir up, excite.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To remove, as a person or thing, from a position.
- transitive v. To dismiss from an office or station.
- v. To move or be moved; to excite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move; stir; excite; affect.
- To remove, especially from a post or station.
From Old French amover. (Wiktionary)