American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Loss of the motor ability that enables speech.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Absence of joints or of jointed limbs.
- n. Inability to articulate distinctly in speaking, dependent on a central nervous defect, but not involving paralysis of the muscles of articulation.
- n. partial or total loss of articulate speech resulting from lesions of the central nervous system
- New Latin, from Greek anarthros, not articulated; see anarthrous. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Then occurs _dysarthria_, and, if the path is totally impassable at any place, _anarthria_.”
“This is apparently an ictal anarthria with preserved internal speech.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘anarthria’.
Language disorders, disabilities, and unusual demonstrations.
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Terms used in physiology
Looking for tweets for anarthria.