from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing human features.
- n. An automaton that is created from biological materials and resembles a human. Also called humanoid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A robot that is designed to look and act like a human (usually male)
- adj. Possessing human qualities
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A machine or automaton in the form of a human being.
- adj. Resembling a man.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An automaton resembling a human being in shape and motions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an automaton that resembles a human being
From Ancient Greek ἀνδρός (andros), genitive of ἀνήρ (anēr, "man") + -eides ("of the species; alike"), from eidos ("species") (Wiktionary)