from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Examination of the blood vessels using x-rays following the injection of a radiopaque substance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A medical imaging technique in which an X-ray image is taken to visualize the inside of blood vessels and organs of the body, with particular interest in the arteries, veins and the heart chambers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A description of blood vessels and lymphatics.
- n. a diagnostic procedure in which the location and size of blood vessels may be visualized by taking an X-ray photograph after injecting a radiopaque substance into the blood stream.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy, a description of the blood-vessels and lymphatics.
- n. A description of the implements, vessels, weights, measures, etc., in use in any country.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. roentgenographic examination of blood vessels after injection of a radiopaque contrast medium; produces an angiogram
angio- + -graphy (Wiktionary)