American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Either of a pair of symbols, < >, used to enclose written or printed material.
- n. Mathematics Either of these symbols, used especially together to indicate quantities to be treated as a unit.
- n. computing Either of the two inequality signs of ASCII, < and >, when used as brackets in markup languages like HTML.
- n. typography, mathematics Either of a pair of symbols, ⟨ and ⟩, used to enclose text in various technical contexts, and in mathematical formulas to denote an interval or a continuous parameter.
- n. either of two punctuation marks (`<' or `>') used in computer programming and sometimes used to enclose textual material
- n. an L-shaped metal bracket
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘angle bracket’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for angle bracket.