from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A union between two gametes that differ in size or form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A form of sexual bonding involving partners of unusually widely differing ages.
- n. Sexual reproduction involving the union or fusion of two dissimilar gametes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. reproduction by the union or fusion of two differing gametes (especially differing in size).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In biology, conjugation between dissimilar gametes or reproductive cells.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (biology) reproduction by the union or fusion of two differing gametes (especially differing in size)
aniso- + -gamy (Wiktionary)