from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of ancylostomiasis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease due to the presence of the parasites Agchylostoma duodenale, Uncinaria (subgenus Necator) americana, or allied nematodes, in the small intestine. When present in large numbers they produce a severe anæmia by sucking the blood from the intestinal walls. Called also miner's anæmia, tunnel disease, brickmaker's anæmia, Egyptian chlorosis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as ancylostomiasis.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
- Hookworm (ankylostomiasis) and trichocephalosis: mebendazole preferred
The hookworm disease, ankylostomiasis, has steadily decreased.
He mentioned ankylostomiasis, blood-sucking worms, Bilhartsia
- Architecture, one of a pair of brackets supporting a cornice. ancylostomiasis, ankylostomiasis
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.