from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the most protruding part of planetary rings as seen from distance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name given to either of the projecting ends of Saturn's ring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In archœol., a handle, as of a vase.
- n. plural In astronomy, the parts of Saturn's ring which are to be seen on each side of the planet when viewed through a telescope: so called because they appear like handles to the body of the planet.
- n. In anatomy, a looped nerve or loop-like nervous structure.
From Latin ansa ("handle"). (Wiktionary)