from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of ant bear.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An edentate animal of tropical America (the Tamanoir), living on ants. It belongs to the genus Myrmecophaga.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The great or maned ant-eater of South America, Myrmecophaga jubata; the tamanoir.
- n. The aardvark, ground-pig, or Cape ant-eater of Africa, Orycteropus capensis. See ant-eater, .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large shaggy-haired toothless anteater with long tongue and powerful claws; of South America
- n. nocturnal burrowing mammal of the grasslands of Africa that feeds on termites; sole extant representative of the order Tubulidentata
Sorry, no etymologies found.