from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a class (Anthozoa) of marine organisms, such as the corals and sea anemones, that have radial segments and grow singly or in colonies.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A marine invertebrate of the class Anthozoa, such as a sea anemone or coral
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the Anthozoa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or having the characters of the Anthozoa; anthozoic.
- n. One of the Anthozoa; an anthozoön.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sessile marine coelenterates including solitary and colonial polyps; the medusoid phase is entirely suppressed
From Anthozoa + -an. (Wiktionary)