from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to humans or the era of human life.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to mankind or humans, or the period of humanity's existence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like or related to man; human.
- adj. relating to the period of mankind's existence.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Belonging to man; manlike; sprung from man; human.
- [capitalized] In geology, a term introduced by Sir J. W. Dawson to designate the human period, or the period of such Pleistocene and recent deposits as are found to contain human relics. It was divided by him into an early, or Palanthropic, and a late, or Neanthropic, stage. See human period.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to mankind or the period of mankind's existence
Greek anthrōpikos, from anthrōpos, human being.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Originated 1795-1805, from Ancient Greek ἄνθρωπικός (anthropikos, "human"). (Wiktionary)