from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no petals: an apetalous floret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having no petals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having no petals, or flower leaves. [See Illust. under anther].
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having no petals or corolla; pertaining to the Apetalœ.
- In the echinoids or seaurchins, having one of the five ambulacral rays more or less imperfectly developed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of flowers) having no petals
Sorry, no etymologies found.