from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to bees or to the keeping and care of bees.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to bees or beekeeping.
- n. An apiarist; a beekeeper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to bees.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to bees, or to beekeeping.
- n. A bee-keeper; an apiarist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to bees or beekeeping
First attested as an adjective in 1801 and as a noun in 1858; formed by the suffixation of either the English apiary or its etymon, the Latin apiārium — with the English -an. (Wiktionary)