from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Ending abruptly with a sharp, flexible tip: an apiculate leaf.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a short, sharply pointed tip
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Terminated abruptly by a small, distinct point, as a leaf.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, tipped with a short and abrupt point: applied to a leaf or any other part which is suddenly terminated by a distinct point or apiculus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a leaf shape) having a short sharply pointed tip
From New Latin apiculus, sharp point, diminutive of Latin apex, apic-, point.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin apiculatus (Wiktionary)