from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to optical systems that correct for spherical aberration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Free from, or corrected for, spherical aberration and chromatic aberration
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having two or more parts of different curvatures, so combined as to remove spherical aberration; -- said of a lens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without aberration: in optics, applied to a lens or combination of lenses, as in a telescope, which brings parallel rays to a focus without spherical or chromatic aberration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. free from or corrected for spherical aberration
From a-1 + Greek planāsthai, to wander; see pelə-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)