from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking feet; apodal.
- adj. Lacking a ventral fin.
- n. An animal without feet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without feet; footless.
- adj. Destitute of the ventral fin, as the eels.
- n. One of certain animals that have no feet or footlike organs; esp. one of certain fabulous birds which were said to have no feet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Footless; apodal.
- n. An apodal or apodous animal; an animal without feet, or supposed to have none; a member of one of the several groups called Apoda or Apodes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.