from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To glorify; exalt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. deify, to convert into a god.
- v. exalt, glorify
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To exalt to the dignity of a deity; to declare to be a god; to deify; to glorify.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To consecrate or exalt to the dignity of a deity; deify.
- To pay excessive honor or ascribe superhuman qualities to; glorify; exalt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. deify or glorify
From apotheosis + -ize (Wiktionary)