from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who appropriates something
- n. the religious organization that owns the income of a benefice
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who appropriates.
- n. A spiritual corporation possessed of an appropriated benefice; also, an impropriator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who appropriates or takes to his own use.
- n. In ecclesiastical law, one who is possessed of an appropriated benefice. See appropriate, v., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who takes for his or her own use (especially without permission)
Sorry, no etymologies found.