from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large wild sheep (Ovis ammon) of the mountains of central and northern Asia, having large, spirally curved horns.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ovis ammon, the biggest wild sheep, which roams the highlands of Central Asia
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The large wild sheep of Asia, Ovis ammon (Linnæus), now Caprovis argali, supposed to be the original stock of the domestic sheep.
- n. Hence Some other similar wild sheep, as the following.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia
Mongolian arghali, mountain ewe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)