from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A band worn around the upper arm, often as identification or as a symbol of mourning or protest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A band worn around the arm usually to symbolize protest or mourning.
- n. An inflatable band worn round the arms to keep afloat in water
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a band worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning.
- n. a band worn around the upper arm.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of crooked iron attached to a rail or to a stone block fixed against the walls in barrack-rooms, to retain the soldiers' muskets when not in use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a band worn around the arm for decoration
- n. a band worn around the upper arm
- n. worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning
Sorry, no etymologies found.