from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A colorless, flammable, very poisonous gas, H3As, having an odor like garlic and used in chemical warfare, as a solid-state doping agent, and in organic synthesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A compound of arsenic and hydrogen, AsH3, a colorless and exceedingly poisonous gas, having an odor like garlic.
- n. Any organic derivative of this compound, or of diarsane, triarsane etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A compound of arsenic and hydrogen, AsH3, a colorless and exceedingly poisonous gas, having an odor like garlic; arseniureted hydrogen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Arseniureted hydrogen (which see, under arseniureted).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare
ars(enic) + -ine2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)