from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An articulation or a joint between bones.
- n. A degenerative disease of a joint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any articulation or joint between bones
- n. Any degenerative disease of such a joint e.g. osteoarthritis
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Articulation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy: A suture; an articulation; a joining or jointing of bones or cartilages otherwise than by ankylosis. ; ;
- n. The result of articulation; a joint; an arthron; a node.
Greek arthrōsis, jointing, from arthroun, to fasten by a joint, from arthron, joint; see arthro-.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)