from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. ascetic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic.
- adj. practicing great self-denial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the practice of rigid self-denial and the mortification of the body as a means of attaining virtue and holiness; ascetic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. practicing great self-denial
- adj. pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic or the practice of rigorous self-discipline
Sorry, no etymologies found.