from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
- adj. Being or relating to a verse of two members, having different rhythms, as for example when the first consists of iambuses and the second of trochees.
- n. A verse of this kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disconnected; not fitted or adjusted.
- In ancient prosody: With interior catalexis at the end of a colon; procatalectic or dicatalectic: as, an asynartetic verse, meter, or period.
- Composed of cola of different kinds of feet; episynthetic.
Ancient Greek ἀσυνάρτητος (asunartētos, "disconnected, incoherent") from α- + συναρτάω (sunartaō, "join or knit together") (from σύν (sun, "with") + ἀρτάω (artaō, "fasten or hang onto")) (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.