from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative form of attrit.
- adj. regretful of one's wrongdoing merely due to fear of punishment (compare contrite)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Rubbed; worn by friction.
- adj. Repentant from fear of punishment; having attrition of grief for sin; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Worn by rubbing or friction. Milton.
- In theology, imperfectly contrite or repentant. See attrition, 3.
From Latin attritus. (Wiktionary)