American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having all stages of a life cycle occurring on the same host.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In bryology, having both male and female inflorescence on the same plant; monœcious. Three modifications are cladautœcious, goniautœcious, and rhizautœcious. Also written autoicous.
- In mycology, passing through all its stages of development on the same host, as certain species of the genus Puccinia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Biol.) Passing through all its stages on one host, as certain parasitic fungi; -- contrasted with
- adj. of parasites especially rust fungi; completing the entire life cycle on a single host
- auto- + -oecious (Wiktionary)
- From auto- + Greek oikos, house; see weik-1 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘autoecious’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
words with alot of one particular vowel or a series of "ordered" vowels
Looking for tweets for autoecious.