from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To make a bleating sound, as a sheep or goat.
- n. The bleat of a sheep or goat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic cry or bleating of a sheep.
- interj. The characteristic cry of a sheep.
- v. To make the characteristic cry of a sheep.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To cry baa, or bleat as a sheep.
- n. The cry or bleating of a sheep; a bleat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cry or bleat as a sheep.
- n. The cry or bleating of a sheep or lamb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cry plaintively
- n. the cry made by sheep
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Compare German bäen; an imitative word. (Wiktionary)