from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. Backward and forward; to and fro.
- adv. From side to side.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. From one place to another and back again.
- adj. Going from one place or position to another and back again.
- n. The movement (of someone or something) forward followed by a return to the same position. May refer to a concept such as an emotional state or a relationship as well as a physical thing.
- n. Negotiations or discussions between two or more parties, a dialog.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. backwards and forwards; to and fro.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. moving from one place to another and back again
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.