from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To move backwards away from something.
- v. To become less aggressive, particularly when one had appeared committed to act.
- v. To lower the setting of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. move backwards from a certain position
- v. remove oneself from an obligation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.