from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports The part of a court between the service line and the base line in tennis and other net games.
- n. Sports The part of the playing area farthest from the goal or target wall in certain court games, such as handball.
- n. Basketball The half of the court that a team defends.
- n. Basketball The portion of the frontcourt farthest from the basket.
- n. Basketball The guards on a team.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A courtyard behind a housing block or tenement building.
- n. A team's defensive half of the court; the part of the court where the other team's basket is located, or the guards playing in that area.
From back + court. (Wiktionary)