from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A horizontal raised beam with a width of 10 centimeters (4 inches) and a length of 5 meters (16 feet) that is used in gymnastic competition for balancing exercises.
- n. A competitive gymnastics event in which various balancing feats are performed on this beam.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A narrow wooden rail used in gymnastics.
- n. The horizontal member of any balance (scale,) usually carrying pans at each end, supported at its center by a fulcrum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gymnastic apparatus used by women gymnasts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.