from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A statement of a business or institution that lists the assets, debts, and owners' investment as of a specified date.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : A summary of a person's or organization's assets, liabilities and equity as of a specific date.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a paper showing the balances of the open accounts of a business, the debit and credit balances footing up equally, if the system of accounts be complete and the balances correctly taken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A statement made by merchants and others to show the true state of a particular business.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a record of the financial situation of an institution on a particular date by listing its assets and the claims against those assets
Sorry, no etymologies found.