from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pen having as its writing point a small ball bearing that transfers ink stored in a cartridge onto a writing surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ballpoint pen, biro.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pen which has a small metal ball as point of transfer of ink to paper, at the tip of a cylandrical and non-refillable reservoir of ink; -- short for ballpoint pen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An attachment to a compass or pair of dividers, fitted to one leg to form a seat over a hole when a circle is to be described about the hole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper
ball + point (Wiktionary)