from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a beard; bearded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. bearded; having long thin hairs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bearded; beset with long and weak hairs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Furnished with barbs.
- In botany, bearded; furnished with long and weak hairs.
- In zoology, bearded; having a tuft of hair or feathers on the chin; in entomology, bordered by long hairs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having hair on the cheeks and chin
Latin barbātus, from barba, beard; see barb1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin barbatus, from barba beard. See barb beard. (Wiktionary)